THIS KUL CITY is a multi-dimensional programme that comprises elements of
cultural mapping, youth engagement & historical documentation.
Launched on 7 April 2015, this programme will run over a period of 18 months.
THIS KUL CITY is brought to you by:
This project aims to:
- Promote a greater awareness of local histories of modern Kuala Lumpur – its peoples, its neighbourhoods, its character and its development.
- Address the development of Kuala Lumpur from its early history as a mining village in the mid-1800s to its present day form as a metropolis and the nation’s capital.
- From its modest economic roots, various communities and neighbourhoods of KL will be mapped and documented through a series of cultural mapping workshops especially targeted at young people.
- To create a sense of place and history of Kuala Lumpur by and for KL’ites.
- Provide the basis to develop an approach to urban regeneration which is community-based.
Once the community understands its city, it will seek to promote and protect its heritage and cultural values.
COPYRIGHT: ALL IMAGES,TEXT, PHOTOS USED IN THIS BLOG BELONGS TO BADAN WARISAN MALAYSIA.